Thursday, August 14, 2014

Mid - August Fly Fishing in Pagosa Springs


The fishing has been great the last few weeks with the exception of moving around to find clear water. The days that we’ve fished trips at Sunset Ranch have been some of the best in recent years. Lots of fish of all sizes, and the rains have kept the temperature under 70 degrees, which is very good for mid-August.

 It has been a busy summer, with little time to fish on my own, or write fishing reports. With that said I wanted to post some pictures, and remind everyone that even though I will be fishing in the Everglades October and November we will still have our crew guiding in the Pagosa Springs Area year round. If you want to book trips in the Everglades for the fall or spring let me know. Check out the LAID UPCHARTERS web site and drop me a line.
 
http://www.laidupcharters.com
 

Here are some pictures from the Austin Group that I guided for El Rancho Pinoso at the Weminuche Valley Ranch last week. If any of you would like me to guide you at either of the ranches, please contact the Ranch Manager, and ask for Scott.
Dave Leibson
Ranch Manager / Guide
El Rancho Pinoso
398B County Road 326
Pagosa Springs, CO  81147
Ranch: 970-264-4459
Cell: 970-946-3584
Email: 
dave@elranchopinoso.com


 
 
 
 
 

I was fishing the Tom Stank group out at Sunset Ranch and I was fortunate enough for them to hand me a rod for a few cast to some rising trout. I was rewarded with a nice brown…. Thanks guys!

 


I had a trip planed at Sunset Ranch with Greg and Karen, but high muddy water sent us to the high country to search for clear water. We were rewarded with some beautiful cutthroat trout.

 
 
 

 
 
 

 
Scott Taylor
http://highcountrycharters.com
970-946-5229

While you are in town make sure that you visit the following businesses!


Need Fly Fishing gear? See Pop's
Let it Fly
 Downtown Pagosa Springs, across from Kip’s
970-264-3189
http://www.flyfishpagosa.com



Hungry for Adventure?
Pagosa Outside Adventures - Rafting, Biking, Kayaking, Tubing
Downtown Pagosa Springs
970-264-4202
http://www.pagosaoutside.com
 
Need Ski Rentals?
Pagosa Ski Rental (PSR)

Downtown Pagosa Springs

970-264-2866

Blogorama - The Blog Directory click here

1 comment:

  1. new information of new spot at www.timikafishingtour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete